Sunday, April 20, 2008

Soaring like an Eagle...


Ok, so this entry does not have much to do with biology (perhaps a little bit more to do with physics). After exploring the depths of the sea, I decided that it was time to explore the world from an eagle's point of view. I went sky diving along with 14 of my students today. We headed to Pitt Meadows to do our first tandem jump. I think it is safe to say that great fun was had by all. If you get the chance to try it, do. Here are a few shots of my super instructor Rob and myself (thanks to Derek for taking these shots). We dove 10,000 feet. At 5,000, our chute opened. I think the freefall was everyone's favourite. Personally, I really liked the first 5 seconds, when I completely forgot to do everything Rob had told me to do and we were somersaulting out of control. It was very disorienting, and reminded me of when I did gymnastics as a child. The moment the chute opens, the wind stops rushing in your ears, its quiet, and peaceful... and the views! The views! Ahhhh... to be an eagle. I think this sealion may be ready to transform herself into an eagle...

No comments: